Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Nothin' to see here.

Just a quick life update, or lack there of.  Not a whole lot going on over here, but I thought I would try.  

Simon just got home from a 5 day trip to New York for a friend's wedding. He had an awesome time catching up with friends and celebrating with everyone. I'm glad he is able to have those times: to get away and just have fun. 

I was off work last week after Tuesday because my kids went on a surprise (to them) trip to Magic Kingdom.  So we both had a nice little break from normal life. I spent most of the time-off working on the little table I'm refinishing. Almost done! I'll post about that soon. 

In the weeks to come we're hosting a life group Halloween party, and then Thanksgiving, I'm sure, will be here before we know it.  My parents are coming to spend Thanksgiving with us and we're looking forward to that. They haven't visited since we moved to our new place so it will be nice that we're not all cramped this time around. :)

We're making preparations for and getting excited about our 2 week trip to Germany in December/January; I can't believe it is already this close to the holidays. This year has flown by!  

Simon has no planned work trips any time soon, so it will most likely be business as usual with some holiday fun sprinkled in. 

Simon's work has really picked up and he is busy juggling everything that entails.  We view all of that as a blessing and an answered prayer but that doesn't make it less stressful for him. 

Fall has landed, most days, in our part of the world. It seemed to be dragging its feet there for awhile: A day in the 70's and then a few in the 90's.  But it seems to have leveled out, and we're consistently enjoying chilly mornings with comfortable days and evenings.  It doesn't really look life fall: minimal changing leaves. But hopefully that will come soon. 

I'm personally looking forward to the fast-approaching holiday season. This is my favorite time of year. Time to bust out the warm drinks, cozy slippers and pumpkin everything!  I'm a sucker for fall and all its fix'ns.  I have made my pumpkin purchases, the never-to-be-lit pinecone candle has emerged from the holiday bin, and I am on the hunt for the must-make fall recipes that are sure to not disappoint.  

Hopefully, before too long, we will have something more exciting to report, but until then- this is us. 

Happy fall y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment