Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake

  • I  always excited to find a recipe that I really enjoy. Especially when it is easy to throw together. I came across this recipe on chef-in-training.com and had to try it.
  • I love everything lemon, and I usually prefer desserts that aren't too sweet. 
 This had great flavor and texture and, in my opinion, was just sweet enough :). 


  • Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter at room temperature 
  • 1¾ cups sugar
  • zest of one lemon
  • 3 eggs
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla. 
  • ¾ cup buttermilk
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • 2½ cups flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Lemon Glaze  
  • 1½ cup powdered sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1 Tablespoon milk
  • ¼ teaspoon vanilla

Directions: 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, mix butter, sugar, and lemon zest together for 3 to 5 minutes until creamy. 
  3. Add eggs one at a time and beat an addition minute after each egg. Add vanilla. 
  4. In a separate large bowl, wisk together dry ingredients. 
  5. Add flour mixture alternatively with the buttermilk to the wet ingredients.
  6. Lightly flour blueberries to keep them from sinking in your bread pan. Fold them into the batter. 
  7. Grease and flour large bread pan
  8. Pour in batter.  (I filled one bread pan 3/4 of the way, and had some batter left over, so I made 4 muffins. 
  9. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 min. I baked the muffins for 15 min. 
  10. Let loaf cool and drizzle with glaze.    I actually decided not to glaze the muffins, so I could eat them for breakfast without feeling like I was having dessert. Ha. 
Lemon Glaze
  1. Whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth.

I will definitely be making this again soon. It is a perfect spring/summer treat. :)

Here is the link to the original recipe 
http://www.chef-in-training.com/2014/05/lemon-blueberry-pound-cake/  

1 comment:

  1. I made this for small group yesterday, well the bundt cake version, and it was great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete