Saturday, September 24, 2011

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Thursday Nights are my nights to do my own thing because this is the one conflicting work night between Simon and I.  Usually I'll have some girls over or go out for coffee with a friend but this night I was in the mood to bake something.  Conveniently, chocolate chips were just on sale, and I had stocked up.  It's dangerous, apparently, to have chocolate chips lying around with no intention for them. 
I feel like I always am baking cookies so I wanted to do something else.  Besides, when we have cookies lying around the house we always end up eating them way to late at night and that's never good.  So at least with muffins we can eat them for breakfast and not feel quite as bad about it...


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sour cream

1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

1/4 cup melted butter, cooled slightly
6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line muffin tray with 12 regular size baking cups.
3. In a medium bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together with a wire whisk until combined.
4. In a large bowl, stir sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Stir until combined.
6. Gradually mix dry ingredient mixture into liquid mixture
7. Stir in chocolate chunks and divide batter into baking cups.
8. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until done.
Makes 12 regular or 9 larger muffins. 



The dry ingredients- flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together with a wire whisk
  

The original recipe said to put the dry ingredients in a med bowl and the liquids into a small but i think it should have been the other way around because this way seemed to be barely enough space once i combined everything together.


I added a few more chocolate chips than it called for


This batter was thinker than most muffins i've made and it filled the tins almost full.  I realized last minute I only had 5 muffin cups so i did most of them just in the pan with cooking spray.




The muffins without the lining came out better than the ones in the lining! 


No comments:

Post a Comment