Friday, October 14, 2011

Halloween-ing the Apartment

Decorating for holidays is one of my favorite memories as a kid and even since I've been in college I've decorated as much as I could.  Really the only ones I care much about are Halloween and Christmas as far as decorating goes.  Probably because those are the ones I remember the most about from decorating the house with my Mom.  
Our apartment doesn't allow for many decorations when it comes to storing them or putting them out.  So I decided that if I wanted any decorations I would have to make them from things that were already out.

I saw that Walmart was selling M&M's that were candy corn colors.  We also had several empty glass bottles that we were using for decoration.  So here was my first Halloween decoration idea: 


A lot of our picture frames are black so I figured I could use that to my advantage in this situation.  I took out the picture and made a little Halloween drawing on some green construction paper from my scrap booking box with a sharpie.  Then i added some floating eyeballs to the edges with double sided tape.
  
These things placed around the living room combined with a medium sized pumpkin we bought made the house look a little more festive.


No comments:

Post a Comment