Saturday, July 20, 2013

Herb Garden Progress Report #2: Day 30

Well, 30 days in and I am pleased to report that 2 of the 3 herbs are doing well!  South Carolina has had an enormous amount of rain over the last month so I've hardly had to water them at all. I was a little worried they would drown so I pulled them further into the balcony occasionally so they could dry out a little.  I think they would be doing better if we'd had some more sun but I'm still happy with how they are doing.   
Oregano... I'm not really sure what has happened to him. If you look really closely there is a teeny tiny leaf peeking out in the front but other than that... Nothin'.   Maybe he is just a late bloomer, but I'm not holding my breath.   If nothing more comes of oregano than I'll pull up the seeds and the little bud so it won't be taking any nutrients. 
Sunshine has made its reappearance so they have been getting a much needed drying-out.  Okay now for some pictures. 


       
                                                                    The whole gang


Parsley. Still small but healthy. 


  Basil: Various degrees of growth but doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment