Monday, September 22, 2014

25th Birthday

Before anyone gets on my case about the bad luck associated with celebrating birthdays before birthdays, I know.  I know because I was told plenty of times.  I decided to risk it.  This year my birthday fell on a Tuesday.  A Tuesday on which I was living in Greenville with the kids I Nanny.  I moved in from last Saturday until this Saturday.  So, with this in mind, I decided to have a little get together the weekend before.  
Our friend Aloise let us use his awesome out door space for a grill out.  It was nothing too fancy, but it was a fun evening.  I was worried about the weather, because there was a looming chance of rain.  It turned out fine though.  A couple of times it started to sprinkle, but everyone grabbed something to bring in and we all took cover in the indoor pool area right next to the terrace while it passed.  Much better than the downpour I was fearing.  I was thankful to get to celebrate with so many of our friends.  Here are a few pictures from the party.  


Cutest guy at the party!


Our Grillmeister for the evening

chowing down



Here we are hiding out while the rain passes.  

We are all waiting and about to play a game similar to hot potato.  


Patrick was feeling left out 


It was a fun night.  Aloise and Karin were so great to let us use their space.  Thanks to everyone for their gifts, the time they spent celebrating with me, and making the evening a special one.  It didn't feel unlucky at all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment