Sunday, July 8, 2012

New Things and Peach Country

The end of June and into July has been an unusual time for us. Lots of exciting new happenings! Simon got to go on his first business trip so that was cool! He was gone for 9 days and went both to Germany and France observing some of the inner workings of the products his company makes. While he was gone I began my new job . So far I have absolutely loved my job. I am so blessed to work for such a wonderful family. I definitely look forward to going to work every day. The twins are so full of energy and life and they put me in a good mood the moment I walk in. I am excited to continue to get to know them!

So those are the new things.

Now, peach country:

My Nannie sent us a magazine article on the peach adventure available in South Carolina. The article talked about the peach festival and the Cooley brothers orchard and some cool restaurants in the area (about an hour from us). So on Saturday, 2 days after Simon got back from his business trip, we decided to take Southern Living's advice an explore this peach experience.
Out first encounter was the peach water tower. 


I didn't manage to get a very good picture but you can still tell what it is (picture no longer shown). We walked around the fresh outdoor market and got some fresh bell peppers.

Then we went to Hare and Hound pub for lunch and to just get out of the heat. (it has recently gotten very hot here and we aren't quite used to it yet). 






The town of Landrum is known for its antiques, we read, so we looked through 4 or 5 of the dozens of antique stores. We saw some neat things, including the carousel horse here. 



Well anyways, that was our peach country adventure. It was fun to explore more of the area and we saw some things not found just anywhere. Like this dog toilet paper holder. Ha.
I'm glad Nannie sent us the idea and we had the time to venture into new places in our new state.

No comments:

Post a Comment