Sunday, July 15, 2012

Trip to Little Rock

This is the same trip that I already posted about a little bit: The Wedding Weekend.  We made the trip primarily for my friend Elizabeth's wedding, but were lucky enough to get a long weekend out of it.  A couple of days before the trip I found out I would be able to take off work the Thursday and Friday after Independence day (I was already off for the 4th).  This allowed us to have some family time while we were there.  

Thursday night was pre-wedding fun, but Friday was a shopping day for my Mom and I.  We had lunch at a delicious Greek/Turkish place called Tatzikis and spent the afternoon out.  That night, my Dad surprised us with a nice dinner out.  We went to the Riverfront Steakhouse in downtown Little Rock.  We all got more steak than we needed and ate it all.  It was great!  We even finished it off with a raspberry cheesecake.  Thanks Dad!


 Saturday morning was Wedding time.  Saturday night we went over to my Grandparent's house in North Little Rock and had a Pizza dinner and homemade chocolate pie!  It is one of my favorite deserts my Nannie makes so I was super excited when I heard she would be making one for that night!

After dinner I forced everyone out to the garden for some family pictures.  I thought they turned out pretty nicely! - And the garden was a really pretty background!  My Nannie has always kept beautiful flowers all around them as long as I can remember.  That was always on of the first things she'd ask when we drove up to their old house: "Did you seem my flowers blooming?"  Love you Nannie.  

 Simon and I with Nannie and Papa

 Me and my parents.  My Dad made us laugh right before the picture so Mom and I are laughing in this one but I still think it turned out cute.  

 Group shot!

Us :)

Sunday morning we went to church and then out for a quick brunch before heading out.  The trip was a lot of driving, but being able to stay a couple of extra days made it even more worth the time!  It was great to spend some time with family, even if it wasn't a lot.  My parents (and grandparents at some point) are coming up to visit "soon" so I'm looking forward to that!  Thanks Mom and Dad for spending so much time with us when we're there!  Love you and we'll keep the memories of these fun times forever!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment