Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Great Birthday!

This year I had a wonderful birthday thanks to lots of loved ones!
Leading up to my birthday, I'm never good at knowing what I want.  Simon and my parents asked me, and this year I decided to really think about it and come up with something.  But let me start at the beginning.  

 I was awoken at 7:30 am by my wonderful husband and presented with this delicious birthday breakfast in bed!  Candle and all!  I felt very loved and was definitely surprised!  Also, Simon gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers!!

After breakfast I opened all of my birthday cards.  Thank you Toni, Mom and Dad, Nannie and Papa, Irene and Martin, and Jess and Grant for the sweet birthday wishes!

And thank you to everyone who sent me birthday wishes via textmessage or Facebook!  

Now back to what I was saying about the presents.  :)
When I went to Italy sophomore year of college, I got a watercolor painting of Venice.  I have been wanting to get it framed ever since and just haven't.  So, THAT is what I asked Simon for.  It is in the lovely wooden frame behind all of the cards.  I am so excited to finally have it up (will post more about it later with our most recent home improvements).  Thanks honey!!!

From my parents, I asked for the pitcher/vase that goes with the nice dishes we have slowly been acquiring since we got married.  It is holding the birthday bouquet on the left.  I love it and was happy I was able to use it today!! Thanks Mom and Dad!!

The Choffy (will try that ASAP) and cute flower earrings in the front (difficult to see, sorry) are from Jess and Grant! Thanks guys!! 

The first gift I got, yet kept in box until my actual birthday, was my dream food processor.  This was my birthday gift from Henry and Amelia (aka Mark and Kim) the family for whom I work.  Firstly, I was shocked because I had heard NOTHING about this and Henry and Amelia can't keep a secret to save their lives.  and Secondly... this is my dream food processor and I could never have guessed that this is what I would be getting.  Kim is a sneaky, yet good, listener.  We had chitchatted about food processors on our way to the beach and she was so sweet to remember.  Thanks Henry and Amelia (and Mark and Kim)  for my wonderful food processor!


 After opening presents and cards we went on with our typical Sunday: Church, lunch at home, laziness etc.  Then we went out for a birthday coffee at Starbucks.  Pumpkin Spice Latte! YUM!

Okay, now for the final birthday event of the day:
With birthday money from Simon's parents, I decided to decorate the big empty wall in our bedroom.  I had been thinking of what I wanted to do with the space and just never made a decision, and this seemed like the time to make it happen.  
I am going to blog later about the making of the shelf because the shelf itself was easy and cheap and I want to share the fun incase someone shares my love of refurbished wood and rusty rod iron.  But here is the finished result!

 Rod iron brackets

 Finished above-the-bed shelving unit
Close up on decorations.  I still need to put pictures in the yellow frame but here is the "finished" result.

Thanks everyone for the best 23rd birthday I could have asked for!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment