Monday, June 25, 2012

CrockPot Enchiladas

Lately I've been trying to find some new recipes that we both like. I've been targeting crock pot ones in hopes that I can get them a'cookin before I go to work.  I would LOVE to have a nice warm meal when I get home without having to cook it right then and there.  I've found a few but THIS is one Simon and I both loved so I though I would share it.  Now, the only negative is that it only takes 2-2.5 hours to cook but if I have it all ready to go and just have to have Simon switch it to ON when he gets home that may work just fine.  We'll see; regardless, we thought it was delicious!  


We got about 5 big servings out of this.  




Ingredients:
1lb lean ground beef
1 Tbsp oil
1 small onion; chopped
1 green bell pepper; chopped
1 (15oz) can Ranch Style beans; drained
1 (10oz) can rotel tomatoes mild; drained
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
8 small flour tortillas (I used 4 big ones but the little ones are probably better)
1 (15oz) can red enchilada sauce

Cook beef over medium heat in a deep skillet until done.  Drain (use a deep skillet because you'll be putting everything in it before it goes into the crockpot)

Meanwhile, In a separate pan, saute onion and bell pepper in oil until tender

Add onion and bell pepper to beef.

Stir in beans, rotel tomatoes, chili powder, salt, cumin, pepper and garlic powder.

In the slow cooker, place 2 toritllas side by side (kind of coating the bottom)

Layer with 1/4 of the beef mixture and 1/4 of the cheese.

Repeat this layering 3 more times.  Pour red enchilada sauce over all.

Cover and cook on low for 2 - 2 1/2 hours until everything is heated through.



No comments:

Post a Comment