Saturday, December 8, 2012

Surprise trip to Helen, GA

The Christmas season brings many wonderful things.  Along with those wonderful things,  I always tend to feel a tad overwhelmed;  I seem to never have enough time for everything- something has to take the back burner.  Because of this, I had big plans to really be productive one last Saturday.  However, my sneaky husband had other plans for us.  He told me we were going on a little road trip but he wouldn't tell me where.  I love surprises so I was sold!  

We drove and drove: About 2 hours, until we came to Helen, GA
Apparently it is a city with German and Dutch heritage and they are clinging quite firmly to that history.   
 There was a Christkrindlmarkt that weekend in the downtown area of the little town.  The stores themselves, aside from a few, were not selling any Alpine items, it was just the general look of the town that had kept the "Alpine look" as they called it.  Parts of it were very touristy, but it was still a fun place in which to wander around and spend time together.  
 Few from afar of the biergarten. 

 We didn't take a horse drawn carriage ride but the horse was wearing a little santa hat on his ear! It was pretty cute.



Moo the teacup pig.  She was wonderful!
I was so excited to get to hold her! 

After we had walked around and seen everything we could, we headed back to SC.  On the way we took a detour to an antique shop we had seen on the way.  Our final stop was in Greenville for a nice dinner at P.F. Changs.  

It was a really fun day and I am thankful for a husband who plans little exciting adventures for us.  

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I was trying to google if there were any Christkrindlmarkts around!

    ReplyDelete